Friday, April 22, 2016

Sorry for the absence...

by Lara Sanderson

Hello old and new friends,


I have to apologise for the silence and the lack of posts to read, though I do hope you have taken time to re-read your favourites!! I have been away and neglected my duties to you all. I am terribly sorry.
 
My postgrad journey took a bit of an off road course suddenly at the end of November that proved to be the long way round, but happily I am back at the desk aka the driving seat!! I am excited for all the brand spanking new possibilities there are as we welcome new members to our small community and celebrate the new horzions for past contributors. I wanted this post to be about well being. We all know that it is important when we are on our Postgrad journey that there are times when we need to have a break or something to get us out of the 'yips'. So for this, the first post back, I wanted to provide a little spark of creativity to get those writing and researching juices flowing or even to get you over a rough patch, with adult colouring!! 

Adult colouring is said to have meditative properties and what a perfect way to stimulate your creativity or produce a calm amongst the riot that is research!!! There are lots of colouring books for adults out there from Millie Marotta's Kingdom series to Johanna Bashford's Enchanted Gardens and many kiwiana themed or even a colour your own Benedict Cumberbatch. A Google search will also pull up lots of free pages. They can be simple or elaborate. BUT I don't think you should take my word for it - if you haven't tried your hand with colouring in since Primary school - then why not take the chance with the adult colouring page (below)!! Take your time do it bit by bit or go for gold and colour in one session!! It can be something that you can have a go at when you feel like a moment's reflection or need that burst of creation. Scale it up and print it out and set to with pens and/or pencils!!! If you do have a go, and I hope you do - leave a comment with an image of your finished page we would love to see it!!!



This free adult colouring page was found at:  http://www.pokolorujswiat.com/ or you can google them!! There are tonnes of free ones out there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment